Pages

Thursday 2 October 2014

Day 4, 5 and 6 of the School Holidays

The last few days of the holidays have been very busy.

On Tuesday Robin, Mama and I went down to Hamilton for the day. Mama went for a funeral while Robin and I went to stay with Tante Norma. At Tante Norma's house Robin and I played scrabble with Tante Norma. Robin came 1st, Tante Norma came 2nd and I came 3rd. Then we had a small block of Whittaker's chocolate and two cookies. Later on Oom Ron got home and we had dinner.

On Wednesday Robin, Mama and I were biking down to St Heliers and we went to our church for a while and unfortunately Robin power-chucked all over the couch and Mama. Then we had to go home.

On Thursday we went to the Auckland Museum to see the exhibition, Still Life; Inside the Antarctic Huts of Scott (who himself and four others perished on the final leg after getting to the south pole and they were 18km from the food station) and Shackleton (who survived). We saw that of the 69 dogs Shackleton took only four survived. One of them Oscar had his harness in a display case. The four dogs that survived were taken to Wellington Zoo. The food the explorers ate included seals and penguins, and not enough fibre.

Later on we went down to St Heliers and got a Travel Back in Time Passport and had to walk around St Heliers looking for answers for questions as part of the Auckland Heritage Festival

I enjoyed my day today because I saw lots of interesting things.



   


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.