Pages

Monday 29 September 2014

Monday, Day 3 of the School Holidays

Today Robin, Mama and I went to the RSA building in Papatoetoe for Auckland Heritage Festival. When we got there we went inside and I did a dot-to-dot picture of a soldier. Then Robin and I were making some medals. We made the Pacific Star, the NZ Operational Service Medal and the 1914 - 15 Star.

Then we went and were looking at the exhibitions. I was really excited when I saw a diorama on the Battle of Crete. It was the Alied Forces, Greek soldiers and Crete civilians attacking the Nazis. Unfortunally the Nazis won because of a mis-communication between the Alied commanders.

Then I went to try on an American Army Helmet, a pair of army gloves and a RNZAF jacket ranked Corporal. I had fun wearing it.

Last we went to the Papatoetoe library and I got a really cool Captain America comic.

I had fun today.

1914 - 15 Star.
                                       
               
Pacific Star.
      
Wearing American Army helmet.

Giving a military Gas Mask to a mannequin.

In front of a wall with the colours of medals on it.

 


   
Battle of Crete.




NZ Operational Service Medal.

2 comments:

Robin said...

Good one Karl
Love Robin

Tsana Plessius said...

Hi Karl,
I can see by the look on your face in the photos that you had an enjoyable day. I also heard you talking with the lady from the Papatoetoe Historical Society, taking the opportunity to listen, ask questions and learn.
I like you presented your recount in a logical, timely order.
Love Mama

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.