Pages

Monday 31 March 2014

America Joshua Tree National Park and in the Car

On Saturday 29 March Robin, Mama, Papa & I went into Joshua Tree National Park (JTNP). The tallest Joshua Tree in it is over 43 feet. Robin & I were doing an activity to become a Junior Ranger for JTNP so we were doing lots of activities. We saw lots of rocks and boulders, most of them bigger than me. The thing that I noticed most was the landscape. I had expected that it would be barren with nothing but it had lots of wildlife and plants. 

We saw Butterfly's, Lizards, Kangaroo Rats, Darkling Beetles, Scorpions, Ground Squirrels, Tarantulas, one Gopher Snake, a Beavertail Cacti, a Chia, lots of Joshua Trees, Cholla Cacti, Mojave Yucca, Creosote Bush, Californian Fan Palm, Juniper & Barrel Cacti.

The places we went were Joshua Tree Visitor Center, Oasis Visitor Center, Hidden Valley, Barker Dam, Skull Rock, Arch Rock, Keys View, Cholla Cactus Garden & Ocotillo Patch.  
Then we went to the visitor center & we got our Junior Ranger Badges. After that we went to our hotel & went to Crossroads Cafe for dinner.

Personally I enjoyed Joshua Tree National Park.

Today we woke up and had porridge for breakfast, packed our bags & Robin & I watched TV while Mama & Papa packed up. Then we got in the car and started driving. 

I started my blog and when I finished I was doing some other things on my Chromebook.

After that we drove on Route 66, an historic route. We were still in the Mojave Desert which is where JTNP is. Later on we went into Oatman where we fed wild Burros (a donkey) that used  to work in the mine and they were left by the mine. 

We've ended up in Kingman which is still on Route 66, and we are getting to the Grand Canyon.

                 
 




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.