Pages

Tuesday 15 April 2014

San Francisco 2

On Saturday we were in San Francisco. We did lots of fun activities.

First we did a talk with a National Park Ranger, who told us about how the waterfront area had changed and become touristy over time.  Our next stop was Ghirardelli's Chocolate Stores where we were given a square of their chocolate.  For lunch, we all had an ice-cream sundae at Ghirardelli's.  Robin & I both had a Rocky Road sundae, which neither of us finished, so Mama had a little bit of Robin's, and Papa finished all the rest.

Then we went down and up Lombard Street, the bendiest, crookedest street in the world.  It has 8 switchbacks and 12 flowerbeds.  I figured out it is just a normal street and they put the bends in so it became crooked and the street became famous.

Next we went to the Farmers Market on Pier 1 then got a streetcar to go to ExplOratorium on Pier 15.  I got ELECTROCUTED at ExplOratorium when I pressed a button and put my two fingers on metal plates.  When I licked my fingers, it was even more shocking, as it went through my whole arm, not just my fingers.  ExplOratorium is an interactive discovery centre, where people can play, tinker and learn about senses, science, electricity, social interaction things and lots more.  The photo of me with a ball on my head is to see how colours make me feel!










0 comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.