Pages

Monday 3 February 2014

Baptism

On Sunday we went  to church to get baptised. When we got there we started the service, then we went to the font at the back of the church and our parents and godparents joined us at the font. I was the first one to be baptised and then Robin. First Reverend Helen poured the water of baptism over our hair and then put the sign of the cross on our forehead using oil blessed by the Bishop of Auckland. Then we got our baptism candles and certificates.

 After the service we took Uncle Steve on a tour around Auckland because he lives in Christchurch. When we got home Reverend Helen and her husband Stephen were already there, as well as our family and godparents. After a while Papa told me to tell everyone the food was finished and Mama asked me to ask Reverend Helen if she would bless the food.

My baptism was a special time, I had fun with my family and friends.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your baptism! :)
This is a very cool day indeed. I will pray for your faith and understanding of who God is to grow day by day as you grow up.

The picture you've posted is just great. Your mom's hair is so long! This is how I remember her from when we were younger!! :)

I hope to one day meet you. My daughters and I think you and Robin sound very interesting and you certainly do a lot of neat things. We also think you both have great hair!! You're so lucky to be a ginger!!

Well, I need to go and take my car to the garage as I have a tire that's loosing air and today is my day off.

Hope you have a GREAT week,
Kara

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.