Pages

Sunday 8 June 2014

Tree Planting at Tahuna Torea

On Sunday, we went to Tahuna Torea to help plant trees.  The reserve is 25 hectares, and over the last 30 years or more, 1000s of trees have been planted by volunteers like Mama, Robin & I. 

I planted 4 native trees and grasses, including a kowhai, a flax and a native grass.  Mama also planted karaka and other natives.

Today, there were over 400 trees to be planted and 30-40 people were there to help.  The Auckland Council provided all the trees.

I'm looking forward to seeing the trees I planted get bigger.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Where exactly did you do the ree planting? Have you taken me there?
It would be good to go back in ten years time to see the trees you have planted; maybe we should plant some trees over at the Bay. Love you lots Nana

Tsana Plessius said...

Hi Karl,
We were very lucky with the weather on the day we did our tree planting, although, as you know, plants need water to survive (but we don't need it pouring on us as we plant trees!).
I like that you were able to name specific trees that you planted. Well done!
Love Mama

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.